Description We are seeking a motivated and customer oriented Remote Business Analyst to join our team working from home to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
The candidate will join the the data migration team within a US government contract to support a Cloud based SaaS Acquisition Management System that is on the forefront of modern Agile best practices.
The analyst must be comfortable understanding data across multiple systems, able to effectively manipulate data and make recommendations, create new methods of gathering and analyzing source data to evaluate project's effectiveness. Experience in development of ETL and performing data migration activities on large and moderate to high complex projects.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, able to quickly understand the existing systems/processes, have a systems development background, and have both excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Lead the data mapping activities and work with client and project team to identify, define, document, and communicate the data migration requirements.
· Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, and other details.
· Manage associated risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
· Provide technical knowledge and expertise related to existing systems
· Utilize Agile principles and work with ETL team in writing Epics and decomposing them into User Stories and acceptance test criteria.
· Assist with ETL Team in testing to verify data requirements
· Responsible for the preparation of contract deliverables as directed by the PM.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen (or GC with 3 years of continuous stay in US) and eligible to get Government Clearance.
· BS or MS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
· 5 years' experience as a data analyst or related role in supporting large data projects.
· Experience with SSIS, T-SQL, or similar tools to extract, transform, and load client's legacy data into target application databases.
· Strong SQL abilities for database query and reporting Expert in Excel and proficient in other MS Office tools
· Analyze client's legacy systems and databases to produce the initial Data Mapping for the Extract process.
· Define data integrity and business rules for the Transform process. Help ETL team in creating data verification plans.
· Strong verbal/written communication skills and facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups.
Nice to Have:
· 2+ years of experience in SaaS/Cloud based ERP
· 4+ years of ETL development experience
· Understanding of database concepts and ability to write complex queries (e.g. ETL, P/L-SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures etc.)
· Experience with full suite of software lifecycle tools (Confluence, HP ALM, Jira etc.)
· Familiarity with other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.