Certified Splunk Administrator
- Military veterans preferred
2020-05-21 SAIC (www.saic.com)
Arlington Virginia 22202 United States
We are currently seeking a motivated and customer oriented Splunk Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Duties Include the following:
Provide Splunk Administration for day-to-day Splunk support for the contract within operations.
High-level user managing and using Splunk to assist the specific contract and customer requests.
Day-to-day activities using Splunk data to provide our customers with operational insight through the use of dashboards; additionally, the successful candidate will also be required to resolve problems and outages.
Position may sometimes require non-standard hours based on circumstances within the customer environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor's in Science degree and 9 years overall experience relevant to this position or equivalent.
One of the following Certifications Required:
Splunk Core Certified Power User
Splunk Enterprise Certified Administrator
DoD 8140 cyber certification at LAT Level III (CASP + CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
Active DoD issued Top Secret security clearance
- Provide onsite support to unclassified and classified environments.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks and projects.
- Strong communication skills written, verbal, and presentation.
- Excellent problem solving skills, multitasking skills, troubleshooting skills, and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and service management concepts and techniques.
- Experience in installing/configuring software and hardware.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a background in developing and implementing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Knowledge of Search Processing Language (SPL), PowerShell, Linux, Regex, Microsoft Server.
- Splunk Knowledge to ingest data, use the Splunk database, heavy forwarders, file monitoring, and conf files to properly ingest new data.
- Ability to develop a complete disaster recovery and system backup plan and production/maintenance of all system documentation.
- Knowledge and ability to use Tanium to search data and patch endpoints. - Experience with other monitoring tools and ability to ingest them into a Splunk dashboard