Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Special Operations Strength & Conditioning Specialist (Camp Humphreys, Korea)
RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE.
KBR maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
We are seeking a stellar Strength and Conditioning Specialist that will establish and administer effective strength and conditioning protocols designed to maximize the physical performance of SOF personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, administer, evaluate, and document the effects of physical training protocols under the supervision of the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Coordinate training programs with the HP staff to ensure a safe and expeditious return to training of SOF personnel recovering from injury.
• Design and implement physical training programs for personnel who are TDY/TAD or deployed under the supervision of the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Demonstrate and provide instruction and guidance on physical training, exercises, movements, and injury avoidance.
• Refer all personnel with an apparent new or undiagnosed medical condition to a medical provider for evaluation and treatment.
• Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing facility standard operating procedures, guidelines, and training protocols including the safe use of strength and conditioning equipment.
• Participate in periodic meetings to review and evaluate physical training programs and identify opportunities for improvement. If a meeting occurs outside of regular working hours, the SCS is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated in meetings.
• Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP staff and/or POTFF staff as appropriate.
• Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete the continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
• Perform administrative duties such as maintaining records of utilization, workload, conducting or participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
• Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Assist with supply inventories and provide input regarding supply needs for the HP program.
• Literately utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline.
• Possess and maintain current certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or the Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches association (CSCCa). Maintenance of one of these certifications shall be an enduring element of the requirement.
• Minimum of 5 years or more of demonstrable accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) of developing long and short-range planning and coordination of sport/mission specific performance programs resulting in attributable results with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
• Must have a DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Current certification in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training.
• Physical proficiency to demonstrate all prescribed exercises / techniques and to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments.
• Must be able to lift and manipulate loads and weights up to 25 kilograms.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
• Prior military and/or SOF experience.
• Master's degree in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline.
Standard Company Requirements:
• Responsible for completing all required training.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .