Stationary Engineer, Boiler Plant Operator, Part Time
Stationary Engineer, Maintenance SCA 25070
Responsibilities of Position:
Position is contingent upon award of APG Boiler Chiller M&S Task Order
No relocation funds available. Ideal candidate within 50 miles of Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
This position supports maintenance, services, and operation of HVAC equipment in commercial sized and laboratory facilities.
The Stationary Engineer Responsibilities:
- Monitor and Operate Building Automation System.
- Answer requests for HVAC Operational requests or adjustments via phone or internet.
- Adjust heating, ventilation, and air conditioning master, sub-master, and controls to control the temperatures and circulation of air throughout the system.
- Distinguish problems and anomalies from normal operating parameters, and record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences.
- Operate the boilers on gas or fuel oil by hand or by control of mechanical or electronic systems (if required).
- Operate the HW (primary) pumps and piping systems (if required).
- Operate chillers and cooling towers (if required).
- Operate the chilled and condenser water system pumps and piping systems (if required).
- Perform water quality checks for the Steam, HW, chilled water and condenser water systems and update appropriate equipment and system logs (if required).
- Operate other electrical, mechanical, and ventilation systems such as chilled water piping, air conditioning, air distribution, air filtration, and refrigeration equipment. (if required)
- Make daily visual safety inspections of the boilers, high-pressure vessels, chillers, cooling towers, piping, controls and all related equipment. Log pertinent data, including discrepancies, report deficiencies to a Supervisor immediately for follow-up. (if required)
- Make adjustments as required and perform preventive maintenance in accordance with prescribed schedules. (if required)
- Be cognizant of alarms and respond efficiently and effectively to maintain a safe working environment.
- Possess adequate sight, hearing and speaking capabilities to maintain a safe working condition and be able to distinguish wire colors and component color codes.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma and Two years of directly related work experience.
- Must have a current First Class Stationary Engineer/Boiler Plant Operators License in the State of Maryland.
- 5 years’ experience with operations of HVAC systems required.
- Must have the ability to operate building automation systems, Metasys experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to write, comprehend, and execute written and oral instructions, in English, and perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Since this is a 24/7/365 position, Shift Work, Weekend Work, and the Ability to work flexible hours will be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Preferred to have completed the 30-hour OSHA General Industry or Construction safety class or as an equivalent, 30 hours of formal construction safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30-hour course (see Appendix A, paragraph 4.b, EM 385-1-1) applicable to the work to be performed and given by qualified instructors.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .