Test Engineer - Senior
SAIC is seeking a Senior Test Engineer to support a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
· Develops and executes or oversees the test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
· Develops systems integration and test plans and
· Conduct system integration tasks and environmental tests
· Develop and executes test procedures and test cases and perform integration of system components
· Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
· Documents and communicates test results. Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
· Documents and works to resolve all complex problems. Creates test metrics and reporting. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
· Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
· Work closely with Test Manager in supporting Test management best practices and to meet all applicable project milestones
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong familiarity with test practices, automation, and Agile processes
· Experience in one or more Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban
· Hands on experience with testing databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc)
· Experience in developing automated API tests using SOAP UI, POSTMAN
· Experience in developing automated UI tests using TestComplete, and Selenium
· Experience testing on Windows and Linux platforms, and in AWS cloud environments.
· Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
· Current or prior Public Trust or other clearance preferable
Location: Alexandria, VA and possible remote
Clearance: Able to obtain Public Trust