Job Title: Mid-Level Software Engineer/Java Developer
Job Description: We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Java Back-end Developer in support of a fast-paced concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to support IT Modernization and data migration for high priority IT systems. The candidate will design, code, and test full-stack J2EE-based standalone application and web application software using Agile methodology. In addition, the candidate will use sound software engineering and object-oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, fault tolerant, and of high quality.
Key Skills: JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MySQL Clustering, Web services (REST Based), Splunk, Spring, Hibernate, JSON, XML, JQuery, Java Script, Red Hat Cloud Forms, Open Stack, AWS, Tomcat, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Hibernate, SOAP, Restful, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, and JBoss Application Server.
· Design, develop, maintain, and deliver highly scalable and reliable software using Java web technologies.
· Demonstrated experience developing enterprise web-based applications.
· Collaborate with other engineers and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an Agile methodology.
· Write high-quality software code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
· Develop unit tests and test changes using an Agile methodology.
· Experience in building web applications using technologies such as React JS or Angular JS.
· Experience in Oracle, PL/SQL and other RDBMS.
· Experience working in fast-paced Agile Environment and familiarity with tools like Rally (CA Agile Central) and JIRA.
· Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control.
· Participate in Agile teams and work with other team members to review, estimate, and elaborate user stories, and participate in sprint reviews, demos, and retrospectives.
· Experience with JBoss/Fuse is a plus.
· Knowledge of Java Script, including JQuery is a plus.
· Minimum 9 years of work experience in full-stack development with BA/BS degree or 5 years of work experience with Master’s degree.
· Agile software development process experience.
· Ability to analyze data using Splunk, the log aggregation platform, identified potentials for automated data management and correction, and App Dynamics to monitor data flow performance.
· Effective interpersonal skills and commitment to providing superior customer service.
· Object-oriented expertise.
· Strong experience in Java technologies.
· Hands-on experience in HTML, Spring/JPA, and Hibernate/MyBatis ORM frameworks.
· Experience in developing REST services using RESTful, JAXWS, and Axis.
· J2EE application development experience on JBoss Application Server or other similar JEE application servers.
· Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and WS* standards, in addition to hands-on experience coding XML Web Services using JAX* API and tools like Axis, are strongly desired.
· Must have Unit Testing experience.
· Experience in at least one of the following configuration management tools: PVCS, subversion and build automation tools, such as Ant, Maven, BuildForge, or similar.
· Experience in at least one of the following integrated development environments: Eclipse, IBM RAD, JDeveloper, or any IDE.
Clearance: Able to obtain Public Trust.
Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline.