SAIC is currently looking to hire a Junior System Engineer "Big Data Analyst" to join our team in Herndon, VA.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting for software development projects using Java technologies. The candidate will be responsible for:
• Coordinating the delivery of multiple projects and dependencies being executed by other teams within the organization
• Working knowledge of SELC and associated documentation (project plans, charters, business cases, requirements documents, test plans, reports, etc.)
• In-depth knowledge and prior experience in working in Software development environment using Agile methodology
• Working closely with business and solution resources on defining, analyzing and documenting requirements/user stories
• Working with clients to gather requirements. Interpret and translate the captured technical and functional requirements into technical documentation that can be used by both the project management team and the development teams to develop the end user software using Java technologies
• Working knowledge of SQL and database preferably Oracle
• In-depth knowledge and prior experience in understanding the data in the context of business processes, database concepts and structured data analysis
• Contribute to project scoping, including requirement assessment, best practices, application design and development, methodologies, and budget recommendations
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills is a requirement. The ability to adapt quickly, work in a challenging and fast paced environment with a team, as well as individually is a must. Skills and knowledge utilizing Windows, Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio Professional and MS Project Professional and some sort of querying/SQL tool is a must.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and minimum 5 years of technical experience or combination of education and work experience.
• 5 years of Professional experience
• 2+ years in Agile Development projects - Strong working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Methodologies.
• 5+ years of demonstrated data analysis, requirements management and Architectural Design experience. This candidate will oversee work milestones (end to end). This will also require coordinating & writing technical documents
• Familiar with SQL preferably PL/SQL
• Familiar with data analysis and good understanding of data modeling concepts
• Experience with developing SELC documents
• Familiarity with Unix Scripting language like Ruby, Perl or advanced KSH scripting.
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to thrive in a busy, deadline driven atmosphere.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification a plus.
• Prior experience as a developer or a data analyst is a plus for the job.
• Clearance - Must have the ability to obtain CBP BI public trust to start work.
• Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
• LOCATION: Herndon, VA