DescriptionSAIC is seeking an experienced Windows System Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career supporting NOAA. This position will install new software releases and system upgrades as well as evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems. Work after hours and at other NOAA facilities may be required periodically.
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience equivalent.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
• Experience managing Windows Domain Controllers and Active Directory
• Experience using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) patch server
• Experience implementing Group Policy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly detail-oriented and productivity-oriented
• Organized, timely, and customer service-oriented
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
• Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Government experience preferred
• Experience with the following software preferred: o Powershell o SolarWinds o TripWire o VMware ESXi o SCCM
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
• United States Citizenship