General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for a Software Developer to be a member of its Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) software development and integration team in Aberdeen Maryland.
The CBRN system is a set of web-based, software applications that supply the Department of Defense (DOD) with the one and only accredited tool to effectively model and simulate the effects of CBRN weapon strikes and incidents. This software provides warfighters with the ability to accurately model and predict the time-phased impact of CBRN and Toxic Industrial Chemical/Material (TIC/TIM) events and effects, and supports planning to mitigate the effects of weapons of mass destruction and to provide rapid estimates of hazards and effects. The candidate shall support the development, verification / validation, and integration of software into the CBRN enterprise system.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Integration of Research and Development (R&D) software into cloud-ready frameworks to provide enterprise wide solutions
- Supporting Information Assurance (IA) Compliance (install IA updates and patches)
- Management of all C2 host systems installations and configurations in the APG test bed and all C2 software variants and patches
- Providing review and comment of software documentation prior to its submittal
- Participation in the development of, and provide review and comment on, draft architecture descriptions of CBRN software/systems supporting and their component systems in accordance with the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Designing and coding software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules
- Performing systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Testing and debugging assigned components and units.
- Participating in large system and subsystem planning
- Collaborating with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials
- Troubleshooting problems and providing customer support for software operating systems and application issues
- Advising hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participating in special projects as required
- BA/BS; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Secret Clearance
Desired by not required experience:
- Networking: Firewall configuration, Cross Domain Solutions (Radiant Mercury, Signal Fire), NIPR, SIPR
- Software: OWF, Cesium
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.