Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Product Training Specialist
The selected candidate will provide on-site academic instruction and on-equipment proficiency training to Navy and Marine Corps personnel, technical specialist, and other Government employees, on the prevention, inspection and treatment of corrosion on Navy and USMC aviation platforms and systems. Role and responsibilities include:
• Assist, train, and demonstrate the best methods of prevention, inspection and treatment of corrosion.
• Provide advice on supply support problems, and/or cross-reference of manufacturer-to-Navy part numbers.
• Assist the Government in developing training plans and identifying corrosion control training programs, which will ensure Navy and Marine Corps personnel are trained to prevent, inspect and treat corrosion.
• Provide advice on the identification of, and instruction on the use of special tools, handling equipment, and test equipment associated with and related to corrosion control.
• Provide technical advice and assistance in accident investigations, failure data reports, and material deficiency reports.
• Provide corrosion control information to operations and maintenance personnel.
• Provide on-site technical support to operating units, commands and shore-based industrial activities to analyze and identify corrosion control discrepancies in maintenance procedures contained in the most current versions of technical manuals for weapon systems/equipment; compare performance of actual weapon systems/equipment corrosion control procedures against the corrosion control procedures documented in these weapon systems/equipment technical manuals.
• Provide recommended changes to existing weapon systems/equipment corrosion control technical manuals in technical reports for use by the Government in preparing Technical Publications Deficiency Reports.
• Perform evaluation of maintenance occurrences to the criteria identified in the weapon systems/equipment TMs to ensure conformance with weapon systems/equipment corrosion control objectives; determine the cause of weapon systems/equipment corrosion damage and other corrosion related problems and recommend corrective actions to the Government.
• Perform on-site analysis of weapon systems/equipment corrosion control deficiencies/failures, in accordance with the requirements of appropriate technical manuals and provide advice on the development of resolutions.
Experience: An Associate's degree and Technical Training in a relevant technical field is required, along with at least five (5) years of practical hands-on experience obtained within the past seven (7) years. Two (2) additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Two (2) years of past work experience must be at or above the military E5 level or non-military equivalent experience: Senior Journeyman level, Senior Electronics or Engineering Technician level, etc. is acceptable. Optional education/ experience sources include:- Navy A and/or C schools or service equivalent schools- Accredited Vocational Education Institutions- OEM/Factory technical training programs related to the system(s)/equipment being supported.
E2/C2/C130 aircraft experience is required.
Candidates with experience working on F/A-18 preferred. Desired experience includes: airframe, fuselage compartments, alighting/launching system, flight controls, escape systems, turboshaft engines, turbojet engines, APU’s, helicopter drives/transmissions, turbofan engines, power plant installation, acft press. /ice control/environmental control systems, electric lighting systems, hydraulic systems, fuel systems, and oxygen systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A Secret Clearance is required. Candidate must have strong teamwork, communication skills and work well independently. Liaison with all levels of the assigned military chain of command required, including senior leadership.
Additional Notes :
This position may be required to work or travel to sites which could include environments that are located at or near weapons magazine areas, flight decks, flight-line ramps, aircraft spots, combat zones, and weapon ready-service areas.
This position may be required to travel to activities within the following Navy and Marine Corps organizations/commands; all Naval Air Stations (NAS) and Marine Corps Air Stations (MCAS) and Facilities, Naval Air Systems Command Headquarters and activities, Navy and Marine Corps Type Command activities ashore and afloat, and Navy and Marine Corps forward deployed units.
This position may be required to temporarily travel to other activities as necessitated by the country supported for the purpose of training, evaluating and inspecting weapon systems/equipment.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .