BOS: Site Safety & Health Officer (SSHO) - Contingency Hire
KBR, Inc. is seeking a Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) to provide health and safety inspection and oversight on a project in the United Arab Emirates. The SSHO is responsible for producing, implementing, and enforcing the safety program on the assigned job site, in accordance with KBR’s Safety and Health Program and EM385-1-1. The SSHO is on-duty when work is being performed, overseeing and managing project construction crews, and ensuring that all personnel are following proper safety rules and regulations. The SSHO must meet the requirements of EM 385-1-1 Section 1 and ensure compliance with 29 CFR 1926.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Will include but not limited to:
- The SSHO is responsible for producing, implementing, and enforcing an Accident Prevention Plan (APP) for assigned job site, in accordance with the Company’s Safety and Health Program.
- Attend pre-work meetings and produce job-specific APP and Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs), in accordance with Company’s Safety and Health Program.
- The SSHO is on-duty when work is being performed, overseeing and managing project construction crews, and ensuring that all personnel are following proper safety rules and regulations.
- Work as member of the project team, including subcontractors, to ensure implementation and continuous monitoring and enforcement of the provisions of the project EM385-1-1, APP and AHAs.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with all applicable KBR and OSHA requirements and regulations, the US Army Corp of Engineers Safety and Health Requirements Manual EM 385-1-1, and other applicable regulations.
- Provide professional support to federal government contracts through health and safety inspection and oversight.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of safety inspections and complete all safety related documentation and paperwork.
- Coordinate response to on-site emergencies, and interface with off-site and on-site emergency response entities.
- Conduct safety training, including new employee orientations or refresher trainings, and on-the-spot training to all personnel.
- Work with management team to develop new safety policies, refine existing policies, and modify design requirements and draft construction-related specifications.
- Management of all safety issues on the project site.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment with the ability to manage competing priorities to achieve team goals.
- Fluent in English language;
- At least 5 years of experience leading HSE efforts on projects of similar scopes and size;
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Engineering or another related field;
- Professional certifications such as CSP, ASP or OHST preferred;
- 40-hour EM-385-1-1 certification and OSHA 30-hour certification within the last 5 years;
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 4 blank visa/stamp pages remaining.
- Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.