The Electrical Engineer designs and provides integration support for vehicle control/embedded systems and wiring development. This position supports New Product Development projects by developing design ideas, creating engineering models, drawings and wiring diagrams as well as executing on vehicle control/embedded system project plans. Assist in the manufacture of the system which includes coordinating with mechanical design and shop assembly to provide our customers with a successful system.
- Design electrical parts, wiring schematics, components to correct parameters and specifications while incorporating quality, cost, reliability, and ease of manufacturing
- Utilize various CAD engineering tools (i.e., SolidWorks, etc.) in a design and testing environment
- Design and Review electrical schematics and collaborate with team designers and drafters to incorporate revisions and feedback.
- Design and document hardware diagrams for industrial control systems.
- Design and document electrical wiring diagrams for industrial control systems.
- Design and document pneumatic diagrams for industrial control systems.
- Process the job from cradle to grave.
- Provide technical support for installation of tools and equipment.
- Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks and control them within acceptable levels; work to maximize efficiency and safety
- Process engineering information through change notices, change proposals, and the creation of thorough part print documentation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited school plus 8 to 10 years of experience.
- Must have experience with an Automotive Tier 1 or OEM in automotive electrical systems.
- Proficient with application of PLC hardware and software for both the Allen Bradley and Siemens platforms.
- Proficient with application of servo drive hardware and software using both the Allen Bradley Ultra 5000 & the Kinetix Motion Control platforms.
- Possess Microprocessor & DSP programming ability in “C” language and/or assembly language.
- Ability to read and understand digital logic schematics, ladder logic and IEC 61131-3 diagrams.
- Must be Proficient with Auto-CAD
- Experience in automotive electrical systems testing, failure analysis, and root cause identification.
- Strong planning skills, proficient in Microsoft Project, able to draft and execute detailed work plans.
- Understands how to read automotive electrical schematics and wire harness drawings.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional collaboration skills, able to work with multiple people and manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Project) and strong ability to work with Macros.
- Self-motivated problem solver with the drive to improve the current processes and develop best practices.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.