E-2C/D Test Weapon System Operator (Aircrew)
As part of the world’s largest independent flight test organization supporting both US Government and Commercial Agencies, you will be joining a highly talented and experienced KBR aircrew services team that has provided over 40 continuous years of flight test support for NAVAIR Test Squadrons. As a long-term incumbent and leader in test aircrew support, the selected applicant will work within a test squadron environment composed of government, military, contractor and industry personnel while supporting flight test.
Sign-on bonus and relocation stipend available
Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
- The Weapon System Operator position supports Air Test and Evaluation Squadron Two Zero (VX-20) E-2C/D developmental test and evaluation at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) in Patuxent River, MD
- The selected candidate will actively participate in E-2 developmental flight testing as a Test Weapon System Operator
- Candidate will be required to perform a variety of tasks that support flight testing including; development of test plans and detailed test procedures, pre-mission planning, mission briefing, conducting functional check and engineering test flights, evaluation of simulator devices, data collection during ground and flight tests, post-flight liaison with maintenance and engineering representatives, mission debriefing, drafting post-flight reports/deficiencies and participation in technical meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Technical Degree preferred; Graduate from U.S. Naval Test Pilot School (TPS), U.S. Air Force TPS, Empire TPS or EPNER TPS is a plus
- Minimum six (6) years of experience required
- A minimum of 1000 hours in Navy aircraft and 500 hours in E-2C/D required
- Past (required) or current (preferred) designation as an E-2 Combat Information Center Officer (CICO), Mission Commander (MC) and Air Intercept Controller (AIC) is required
- E-2D experience and two (2) years RDT&E flight experience preferred
- Candidate must be able to organize and demonstrate effective oral and written communications and operate in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment
- Candidate must be able to operate effectively at remote work sites without direct supervision
- Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and similar computer-based productivity applications
- Candidate must be able to pass the physical and training qualification requirements to provide contract aircrew support, including completion of Navy water survival and aviation physiology training, as well as annual FAA Class II flight physical
- Most work will be conducted on-site at NAS Patuxent River, MD, however, some domestic travel will be required in support of flight test activities
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.