General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The Systems Engineer will have overall responsibility of the strategy for successful design and overall implementation of the PIEE effort. The Systems Engineer will have responsibility in leading the solution architecture and managing the software development resources.
Required Experience/Skills/Certifications: Minimum of eight (8) or more years of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT environment:
• Minimum Education: BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering
• Must have at least one of these certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Information Systems Server Professional (CISSP) • Experience applying The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) in Agile solution designs to minimize technical debt and improve overall velocity
• Experience implementing the MVC Development Methodology (Model/View/Controller)
• Experience with developing and managing data models
• Experience creating and updating data dictionaries
• Experience developing solutions using Message Services, including development of Apache ActiveMQ services
• Experience with DevOps pipeline tools including configuration management, requirements (e.g. JIRA, Version One), automated testing, and deployment
• Experience designing and implementing Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions
• Experience in network communication protocols, ports, routing, proxy settings, and firewall policies
• Experience designing solutions compliant with the Federal Information Management Security Act (FISMA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Security Standards and Security Requirements
• Technically proficient in designing and implementing data center/cloud-based hosting solutions, including solution architecture and cost estimation
• Experience with pricing and licensing models of major enterprise software platforms; making architecture recommendations in consideration of lifecycle cost
• Experience developing root case analysis, problem identification and resolution, and roadmap for problems within system design and implementation of existing and new systems
• Technical proficiency in optimizing system performance and resource utilization through log and monitoring analysis
• Experience analyzing business requirements and designing specifications for technical solutions and associated activities
• Technical proficiency with SQL including the ability to create queries to validate data integrity and other data constraints
• Experience with all aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.