General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
General Dynamic Information Technology (GDIT) has an exciting opportunity for a Tier III Server Lead working within the Defense Division, supporting an exciting new DoD program at Fort Meade, Maryland. We are seeking a proven leader with operational strength and experience leading Tier III teams supporting incident and problem management processes affecting server and application capabilities. The right candidate will be responsible for effective server management and transforming our customers IT infrastructure. This role calls for maintaining a strong and positive working relationships with all global service delivery teams, meeting service-level requirements and resolving service delivery issues within the IT architecture. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in information technology, be technically adept, operationally agile, as well as completely committed to delivering high-quality and outstanding service availability. The Tier III Server Lead requires the ability to maintain standards for operational performance, knowledge of server-related topics including emerging technologies, industry best practices, and long-term strategies for the program.
Detailed duties include:
• Provide 24x7 Tier III operations and administration support functions, inclusive of all system administration tasks required to install/re-install, configure and secure operating systems, and authorized specialized software. Ensure STIG compliance, and institute best practices regarding monitoring, automated alerts, dashboard views, and generation of queries.
• Administer/maintain all server operating systems and applications, to include Microsoft Server, Unix, MacOS, Websense, VMware, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft SharePoint, and ArcGIS. Providing daily operations, configuration, and administration support of Tier III incident and problem management functions for systems IAW policies and procedures.
• Maintain and upgrade server and endpoint operating systems IAW DoD and Federal standards, integrate software applications, re-configure components, incorporate desktop applications into workstation image, and support implementations on new hardware platforms.
• Develop and maintain backup schemes, devices, and schedules including the restoration from backup and retrieval of lost data utilizing Government approved tools. These tasks, among other administration and maintenance, shall be conducted IAW government approved processed and procedures.
• Develop process improvements and enhancements based on industry best practices, and implement those improvements with government approval.
• Engage with vendors and technical support representatives to address vendor hardware and/or software issues.
MA or MS is required
At least 15 years' experience supporting operations for a global organization
IAT Level III Certification (CISA, GSE, SCNA, CISSP, GCIH)
Significant experience working with Enterprise level customers
Good knowledge of current technological trends
Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
Strong problem-solving skills with a strategic approach
Clearance level: Top SecretWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.