General Dynamics Information Technology is looking to fill immediately a Systems Senior Engineer who holds Secret eligibility in Norfolk, Virginia area.
Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC), headquartered at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC, is responsible for worldwide U.S. Navy shore installation management as the Navy's shore integrator, designing and developing integrated solutions for sustainment and development of Navy shore infrastructure.
Senior member of the system engineering team for a major DOD enterprise network. Five (5+) years of hands-on experience with Data Center administration, Business IT Systems development, Gateway 2.0 (G2) / SharePoint, or Command, Control, Communications & Protection (C3P) Ashore systems , to include three of the following areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Data Analysis, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in DoN and DoD Business IT systems. Actively monitors operational condition of all systems. Performs system operations and maintenance functions.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Collaborates with other system engineers or application owners to design solutions for customers.
- Identifies hardware, software and services required to meet customer needs.
- Manages system stability, operation, and scalability.
- Provide technical guidance for troubleshooting systems and designing new solutions.
- Evaluate current or developing technologies to consider for implementation weighing such factors as cost, compatibility, and usability.
- Communicate with customers to understand current and future requirements for their systems and be able to speak on their behalf to the configuration management team.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, new processes, and procedures.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance to include installing or upgrade hardware or software.
- Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
- Evaluate existing systems to suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
- Communicate project information through technical reports and presentations.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of directly related experience in in Systems Administration (Windows/Unix), Active Directory, Storage, Virtualization and IA/Cyber Security compliance required.
- Active DOD Secret clearance required; T5 required.
- Current Security+ certification required.
Additional desired experience requirements include:
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/7, etc.)
- Active Directory (2003/2008) group policies design and implementation
- Implementing and supporting Microsoft BackOffice products (Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, SMS)
#transitioningmilitary #Navy #CNIC #Defense #cjobs #gdpost #dicepost #GDITPriority
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.