full-time employee contract
Purpose and Scope:
Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning, overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic equipment systems and generally as a member of a design, analysis or review team.
1) Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks under some supervision.
2) Design a portion or section of an analysis or design review.
3) Generate sections of design specifications of more complex projects or complete specifications of less complex projects.
4) Prepare, deliver and submit technical presentations for in process design and review meetings.
5) Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
6) Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
7) Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
8) Conduct site visits and investigate engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
9) Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Some positions involve work in environments (e.g., shipboard, labs, outside locations, etc.) where mechanical equipment, weapons, etc. are being installed, tested, analyzed/monitored, operated, and/or maintained. Equipment may be loud and noisy or have exposed moving components. Such positions may involve routine lifting up to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required.
Safety - AMENTUM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AMENTUM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AMENTUM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Must be a United States citizen.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
Good communications and analytical skills.
Knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.