Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employes come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented hardware Engineer to join our team in Pocatello, ID.
The DOJ (Department of Justice) Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Keep Data Center infrastructure and IT equipment in operating condition consistent with OEM requirements, performing corrective, adaptive, and preventative maintenance tasks as needed and/or scheduled.
- The Contractor shall perform hardware maintenance and equipment replacement services in response to requested maintenance.
- Possess knowledge of National Standards as pertaining to Data Center IT infrastructure including BICSI TIA-606 and TIA-942.
- The Contractor shall possess the ability to terminate copper and fiber communications cable and utilize test equipment to certify the terminations are to manufacturer standards.
- The nature of the Hardware Engineer duties have some physical demands such as pulling, cabling, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc. The Contractor shall be required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with running communications cabling under a raised floor structure.
- The Contractor shall provide any necessary OSHA compliant safety equipment for the Hardware Engineers.
- Communications termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (sawzall, drill, crimping tools, etc.) will be utilized by the Contractor on a daily basis.
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for products.
- Performs stress and performance tests on a variety of computer hardware including circuit boards, processors and wiring. (see additional details below)
- Develops test and monitoring strategies for computer hardware devices and systems.
- Performs troubleshooting strategies to repair or replace a variety of IT hardware equipment and associated wiring and cabling.
- Assist in developing, managing, sustaining, and using a tracking database for hardware and software inventory control, including equipment and software lists, warranty status, and maintenance agreement applications.
- Manage (i.e., stock, store, issue), control, document, sustain, and maintain expendable and non-expendable parts and tools inventories of FBI and vendor equipment.
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of the Contractor and vendor/OEM hardware maintenance activities, to include recurring failure trends and excessive spares usage.
- Assist in the management (e.g., stock, store, and issue), control, documentation, and maintenance of Data Center IT equipment, cabling, power and cooling.
- The contractor shall be able to read schematics, populate multiple databases, and utilize MS Visio to document projects
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments, preferably in IT Hardware and Data Center environments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field; or equivalent preferred
- 4 - 7 years of directly related work experience preferred
- Possess a certificate of completion of the following training courses within 18 months of starting in this position:
- BICSI DD 100 – Introduction to Voice/Data Cabling Systems,
- DD102 – Designing Telecommunications Distribution Systems,
- DC 110 & 125 – Data Center Design and Best Practices
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must be a US citizen with a Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc...
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under desks and in the server closet.
- Frequently moves Audio/Visual or Computer equipment weight up to 50 pounds across and/or around a business campus or large facility.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.