KBR is seeking a Quality Engineer to join the LUCY project. The QE will support the development and implementation of mission assurance requirements over the entire project life cycle. This position will also monitor processes for compliance to the developer’s procedures and contractual requirements.
Processes to be reviewed prior to use and monitored when used may include:
- Printed Circuit Board quality assessment
- Workmanship including coatings
- ESD controls
- Clean room activities and controls
- Cable and harness fabrication
- Contamination control
- Parts and materials control
- Control of drawings and procedures
- Equipment moves (e.g. slings, cranes, and hydro sets)
- Hazardous operations
- Contractor responses to corrective action requests
- Build records
- Delivery, storage and transport of flight and non-flight hardware, and critical ground support equipment (GSE)
Duties to include:
- Ensure that flight hardware anomalies, corrective actions, and re-verifications are documented in accordance with the contractors’ non-conformance and corrective action system.
- Participate in production planning, review manufacturing flow plans and participate in Manufacturing and Test Readiness Reviews (MRRs and TRRs) to ensure that production and test planning and test procedures fully address the objectives, are configuration controlled, contain quality controls that avoid ambiguous results, contain quality controls that preserve hardware from damage, contain required Government Mandatory Inspection (GMIP) points, and ensure rigorous capture of results.
- Examine process design and/or process qualification records, procedure review, work order review, and verifying that labs carry required certifications.
- Review flight hardware records for completeness and to ensure that all open items are identified and addressed prior to the performance of tests.
- Monitor contractor quality and safety controls, and participate in quality assurance activities during fabrication, integration, and tests.
- QAR monitoring shall apply to process implementations, product inspection during production, recording of key process data, witness of the set up and execution of key tests, supplier conformance with quality engineering and project management approval requirements, labs and personnel certifications, traceability of calibration certifications to calibration plans, capture of test results and instances of product or process nonconformance, protection of product, isolation and preservation of non-conforming items to assure effective root cause or failure analysis, and witnessing of close calls or mishap events.
- Support activities related to root cause corrective actions (RCCA) by providing information gained through documentation reviews and witnessing of process preparations and operations. Ensure that flight hardware anomalies, corrective action, and re-verification are documented in accordance with the suppliers' trouble/malfunction, failure and deficiency reporting, and feedback systems.
- Support processes for collecting and analyzing data that measures supplier success for requirements compliance, defect production and management, and successful process implementation.
- Review the supplier’s CDRL documents related to quality assurance and provide recommendations regarding completeness, indications of risk and recommendations for mitigating risk due to incomplete or undelivered CDRLs
- Review flight hardware records for completeness and to ensure that all open items are closed or identified prior any box, subsystem and system level assembly proceeding integration into the next higher-level assembly, and prior to final acceptance testing.
- Perform a final instrument “buy-off” review including the Acceptance Data Package and shall make final recommendations regarding hardware acceptance with or without liens.
Inspections shall include, but are not limited, to:
- Pre-cap inspection of hybrid microcircuits.
- 100% of solder joints prior to conformal coating of each flight printed wiring assembly prior to conformal coating.
- 100% of conformal coatings on flight printed wiring assemblies.
- Final workmanship inspection prior to box level final closure prior to integration into the next level of assembly.
- Connector mates to mission hardware integrated into the spacecraft.
- General workmanship quality prior to final acceptance testing
- General workmanship prior to shipment
- Confirm shipping packaging conforms to requirements and is adequate
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .