SAIC is seeking experienced personnel for a position, contingent upon award, for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) program to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
The Current Operations GIS Engineer analyzes and evaluates findings and recommends more efficient, effective and economical ways to accomplish workload and program objectives. Prepares a variety of comprehensive status reports, management summaries and briefing papers which inform leadership and outlines issues, solutions and recommendations. Proven technical experience in communicating operational spatial data using ArcGIS and preparing and reviewing complex GIS products. Additionally, they will have extensive use and knowledge of mapping standards and practices and a strong data analysis background.
At SAIC the GIS Engineer
Design, analyze and develop geo-spatial solutions and product specifications for infrastructure, hydrographic and physiographic features for global geo-spatial images and vector products. Performs geographic information systems (GIS) analyses on natural resources data. Plans, designs, develops, documents and analyzes spatial and relational databases. Applies software to manage spatial and related tabular data. Builds databases by capturing map information with coordinate digitizer. Produces computer map products depicting contents of databases. Locates sources of GIS data.
Employees may be authorized to telework in support of this effort.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geographical Information Systems, Anthropology, or a graduate GIS certificate.
• 5 years minimum relevant experience. Familiarity with ArcGIS Desktop Suite. Excellent written/verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills. Exceptional attention to detail and quality control required. Associates and 7 years experience may substitute a Bachelor’s degree.
• Must have at minimum, an active Top Secret clearance. Ability to obtain SCI.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS CWMD.