Join General Dynamics Information Technology and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are looking for a Systems Administrator with AF ISR experience. Duties will include providing system administration support to include configuring, updating, and managing servers.
GDIT team of men and women solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. GDIT is seeking Systems Administrators to join us as we compete for new work at Nellis AFB, NV.
The Senior Administrator support servers, workstations and databases. Operating systems for these machines are a mix of Windows, Linux, Unix, and Virtual environments. The servers are spread across different classification levels and host various applications used by Air Force personnel such as network monitoring tools, network component management applications and Network Information Services (NIS). There are also numerous remote sites which require access to data made available .
The Senior Systems Administrator:
- Ensures overall integration and upkeep of all wide area network and enterprise management services to include all servers, workstations, and access accounting functions inherent to network access
- Manages mission data distribution servers providing rapid file transfer across the WAN and to external customers
- Manages enterprise IT services such as LDAP, NTP, DNS, and HBSS
- Administers a host of unique systems and services
- Provides Network management of computer systems
- Integrates new projects
- Install, configure, analyze, develop, test, modify and maintain solutions for operating systems, hardware, and application software to meet enterprise management and systems analysis and/or integrations requirements IAW established IT and government standards (e.g. network services, operating system patches, application software patches, and maintenance of software licenses)
- Tracks and maintains all system authentication and accreditation dates for systems
- Maintains the security and integrity of databases (i.e. Oracle and others)
- Performs user account, group, and home directory maintenance for Unix and Windows workstations and servers, coordinating with Network Security (IA) as required
- Analyzes, develops, tests, and modifies hardware and software solutions to meet management and systems analysis and/or systems integration requirements
- Reviews and provides system engineering change proposal (ECP) input to integration documentation
- Reviews integration and operational products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and user standards, and progress IAW established IT and government standards
- Defines system objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet government requirements and to satisfy interface problems
- Develops scripts to improve synchronization of data
- Works directly with and supports Network Engineers and provides technical solutions and expertise for system engineering efforts
- Supports Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to identify/resolve security related issues
- Prepares computer systems and provides support for certification and accreditation
- Provides input in support of the Monthly Status Report (MSR) detailing accomplishments and issues in performance of tasks.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Systems Administration experience
- Minimum of 4+ years' experience in Virtual Environment administration
- Minimum of 4+ years' experience in Linux administration
- Security +
- Linux 1 & 2 certification
- Windows Server 2008 or better certification
- Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI)
- Potential for Shift Work
Desired Skillsets: Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux, UNIX, Configuration Management. DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant.
Experience working on classified and unclassified Air Force systems highly desired.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.