Air Force Weapons Modeling and Simulation Specialist
Join our dynamic team of talented and forward leaning professionals in supporting Modeling and Simulation operations to meet US Air Force requirements.
About Us : KBR is global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions.
About the Role : KBR is seeking an experienced Air Force Weapons Modeling and Simulation Specialist. Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide engagement, mission, and campaign-level modeling support and analyses using Air Force models such as AFSIM and STORM.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the mission in support of focused reviews of defense capabilities and requirements.
- Support operation of models, including but not be limited to the setting up of models, creation of scenarios and Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), data extraction, data manipulation, and interpretation of model results.
- Maintain and update the data, and models input data files contained in the Government’s systems and used in support of the modeling and analytic efforts.
- Using the data, model input data files, and associated software, perform analysis and decision support, consisting of generating special displays, charts, graphics, data pulls, comparisons, and other analyses.
- Perform archiving of study data and retrieve data from previous studies included in the archives.
About You : The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree in Operations Research
- A Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the use of the designated model to support studies for the development of operational insights for DoD organizational leadership
- Having the required training and applicable experience and expertise, and a clear understanding to perform modeling and simulation with tools such as Campaign-level analyses of joint theater-level warfare model and Air Force's Synthetic Theater Operations Research Model (STORM)
- Capable of independent use of the model, the set up and running of the model, debugging of databases, identification of model issues and evaluation of potential model fixes, as well as interpretation of results
- Ability to process model outputs, and running the models as necessary, and to produce baseline results that achieve study objectives
- Familiarity with development and use of models: Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS); set up and running of the model, debugging of databases
Secret Clearance Required, Previous Military Experience Desired
If you are ready to become part of our KBR family, apply online below!
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.