We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Business System Analyst to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to define goals, analyze business functions, define reports and create requirements artifacts. Will create a requirements structure that The Business Analyst will identify business workflow and determine stakeholder needs that will result in enhanced application functionality. Will work directly with the client and their senior management. May author light documentation, models, screen mock-ups and requirements documentation. Will work closely with stakeholders and technical staff in order to align product objectives with development efforts.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Drafting user stories, functional requirements, technical requirements and other SELC documentation.
• Communicates with technical team members to translate requirements into technical terminology.
• Working knowledge of SELC and associated documentation (project plans, charters, business cases, requirements documents, test plans, reports, etc.)
• In-depth knowledge and prior experience in working in Software development environment using Agile methodology
• Demonstrated experience conducting working sessions for requirements gathering.
• Working closely with business and solution resources on defining, analyzing and documenting requirements/user stories
• Working with clients to gather requirements. Interpret and translate the captured technical and functional requirements into technical documentation that can be used by both the project management team and the development teams to develop the end user software using Java technologies
• Working knowledge of SQL and database preferably Oracle
• The ability to write queries (SQL) and analyze data quality, anomalies & dependencies.
• In-depth knowledge and prior experience in understanding the data in the context of business processes, database concepts and structured data analysis
• Contribute to project scoping, including requirement assessment, best practices, application design and development, methodologies, and budget recommendations
• Experience working on enterprise software applications
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills is a requirement
• The ability to adapt quickly, work in a challenging and fast paced environment with a team, as well as individually is a must. One must have a commitment to learn, ability to think creatively, and facilitate collaboration across teams. Skills and knowledge utilizing Windows, Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio Professional and MS Project Professional and some sort of querying/SQL tool is a must.