We're looking for a passionate, skilled and driven Software Test Engineer to help us with building automation tests, to ensure the quality of NYS Medicaid system. Our ideal candidate will have experience with various automation testing frameworks, a strong understanding of software testing best practices, have an in-depth knowledge of NYS Medicaid and a good understanding of core Java and a passion for quality.
This position is based at GDIT’s office at Riverview Center in Menands, NY.
- Design, develop, and implement automated test plans, test scripts, and automation testing techniques using JAVA and COTS automation tools to ensure the quality of software products.
- Create Agile/SCRUM testing techniques in the context of a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Implement and identify innovative tools, frameworks, automation, and utilities to increase velocity while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Apply technical, Medicaid business and quality skills to assess product and code health, implement modern testing approaches and prevent production defects.
- Help establish a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, and perform feature development within sprints to support the high company standards.
- Perform API level testing.
- Actively participate in agile meetings with product and program management.
- Have a proactive attitude and a willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done.
- Implement scripts and SQL queries for testing databases, while understanding the context.
- Create end-to-end System Integration test cases, to use as a design for developing regression automated tests.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or a related discipline, plus five (5) years or more of IT experience.
- The position also requires five (5) years of experience with one or more of the following tools including Selenium, Silk4J, IBM’s Quality Manager and IBM CLM.
- 2 years of experience using SCRUM/Agile, and comfortable working with groups in 2/4 week sprints.
- Excellent understanding of the Agile software testing process and lifecycle, from smoke test, to integration to production deployment
- Strong organization and time management skills while working in a rapid software development environment.
- Must be able to identify and learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Selenium, Silk Test and IBM Rational Quality Manager skills, preferred
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.