LCV NORTHCOM: Ammunition Handler Ld.
The Ammunition Handler Ld. is responsible the safe handling of a variety of ammunition, explosives and rockets. Receives, stores and issues ammunition and residue items in support of Theater Ammunition Supply Point (TASP) operations.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Principal duties are those of receipt, storage, and issue of ammunition, ammunition components, and ammunition related material.
- Conduct periodic inventory of ammunition, ammunition components, and ammunition related material.
- Maintains and updates magazine data cards, ammunition store slips, storage plan-O-graphs and other related documents.
- Interprets ammunition storage data, and transportation drawings for DOT shipments.
- Loads and off loads explosives laden vehicles.
- Performs 100% inspection of all returned residue to ensure it is explosive free.
- Processes issues and turn-ins in accordance with established procedures.
- Quality of Services
- Performs principal ammunition accountabilities defect free.
- Provides timeliness and responsive Customer support while performing duties in a safe manner.
- Ensures all ammunition has been inspected and sealed by a QASAS prior to storing in the bunkers.
- Maintain worksites to the Company's lean standards to enhance production.
- Performs housekeeping of worksites and clear brush from fence line to 10 feet on both sides.
- Supports/ participates in the Company Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) and QA program.
- Complies with Ammunition DoD instructions, DoD and U.S. Army Regulations and Pamphlets, Company SOP, and local work instructions, and procedures.
- Wears prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ensures equipment is properly dispatched with a dispatch log book and performs daily PMCS.
- Maintains Company driver's license and at a minimum conduct forklift re-certification every three years.
- Maintains accountability and properly operates equipment under use.
- Observes policies, procedures and regulatory guidance for explosive safety and OHSA/CALOSHA.
- Physical Security
- Observes strict key control procedures.
- Observe policy, procedures and regulatory guidance for physical security.
- Trains, cross-trains, and enhances the performance of co-workers and other personnel.
- Attends training sessions as assigned.
- Annually re-certifies for Ammo 68.
- Complies with all Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Favorably interacts with internal/external customers.
- Will be required, on an as needed basis, to assist to perform functions in alternate areas of the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of ammunition and hazardous material handling to ensure the safe receipt, storage, issue and movement of ammunition, explosives, chemicals, or radioactive materials in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Candidate must possess the background necessary to be granted access to government computers and have the ability obtain a secret clearance and failure to complete security clearance documents in-the prescribed timeline may result in termination.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient at verbal and written communication.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Licensed forklift operator 4K to 6K; knowledge of pallet building including 463L for shipment of ammunition; HAZMAT certification preferred
- Strong understanding of U.S. Army and DOD ammunition regulations preferred
- Advanced knowledge of military ASP operations (U.S. Army preferred).
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in military ammunition supply and/or other related installation or equivalent level ASP support service operations.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- AMMO 45 and 68 course completion and certification for HAZDEC shipping
- Prior service as an MOS 89B (Ammunition Specialist) or similar military specialty code.
- Prior military and/or contingency operations experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work under stressful circumstances and meets shorts suspense dates
- Must be free of medical restriction/ limitations that prevent the performance of required duties and/ or prevent the wearing and utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be physically capable of performing the work in conditions of extreme temperatures, low humidity, rain and blowing sand and dust
- Employee shall utilize all proper lifting procedures and practices associated with all lifting and material handling tasks that are assigned and associated with this job description
- May be required to work on uncommon hours of duty, extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess a valid California Class-C driver's license (non-California residents must obtain the proper driver's license within 10 days of beginning work) and be able to obtain a military operator's permit for each type of vehicle or equipment required to operate
- Must meet the certification requirements of FORSCOM Reg. 350-10
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .