LCV NORTHCOM: Tactical Vehicle Operator
The Tactical Vehicle Operator primarily operates tactical vehicles to include Palletize Loading System six-wheel drive, Tractor trailers, Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck recovery vehicles, HEMMT fuel tankers, 5-ton Cargo trucks. Performs operator level preventive maintenance checks and services on tactical vehicles in accordance with applicable technical manuals.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Operates logistical tactical vehicles to include Palletize Loading System (PLS) six-wheel drive, Tractor trailers (six-wheel drive), HEMMT (Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck) (8 wheel drive) recovery vehicles, HEMMT (8 wheel drive) fuel tankers, 5 ton Cargo (6 wheel drive) trucks.
- Operates tactical vehicles in simulated combat conditions across rough terrain within the tactical environment both day and night.
- Operates tactical vehicles during night conditions with white lights, black-out drive, and night vision goggle operations as mission requires.
- Performs operator level preventive maintenance checks and services on tactical vehicles in accordance with applicable technical manuals and before / during / after check lists (Fuel, water, oil, tires, lights, brakes, wiper blades, cleanliness and etc.)
- Operates tactical radios or telephones to communicate with the base station and other vehicles in accordance with proper radio communications protocol.
- Maintains compliance with all pertinent dispatch and en route reporting procedures (by documentation, radio or telephone). Immediately reports accidents / delays / incidents.
- Operates tactical vehicles in a safe, efficient manner and complies with DOT vehicle regulations,
- NTC Range Control rules, NTC Rules of Engagement and NTC, FORSCOM Army regulations.
- Driver is responsible for positioning and securing all loads to provide safe and undamaged delivery of cargo over rough terrain. and for possessing proper documentation for cargo
- Operates and uses basic hand tools, binders, chains, tie down straps, chock blocks, timber blocks, cables, jacks, stands lift gates
- Performs emergency en route repairs and recovery as required in a simulated tactical environment. Operators will conduct self-recovery operations utilizing on board winch systems.
- Operators will become proficient with wrecker operations for tactical field recovery missions in simulated combat conditions.
- Picks up and delivers various types of cargo and equipment to field locations within the tactical environment as well as locations within and outside of the NTC operating environment.
- Operators will be proficient with self-refueling and trans-loading of fuels and water.
- Performs clean-up duties and polices the areas as assigned
- Operators will be required to perform mission on short notice and take breaks when mission requirements allow.
- Operators will be required to load, transport, unload and explosives, live ammunition, and pyrotechnics in a simulated combat environment across and in rough terrain.
- Supports / Participates in the Company Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) and QA Program
- Mentors and assists with on-the-job training and cross-training
- Participates in training and cross-training sessions as required or necessary
- Develops an in depth understanding of the company’s concept of support for Rotational Units.
- Complies with all Company rules, policies and procedures
- Complies with all safety, environmental and quality standards and applicable COPs and DOPs
- Provides for the accountability and proper care of all GFE / CFE
- Favorably interacts with internal / external customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must understand and be able to use Technical Manuals
- Must be experienced in computer usage
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Writes performance evaluation comments and reports when places in a control/ assignment directive role
- Work under stressful circumstances and meets shorts suspense dates
- Will be required, on an as needed basis, to assist to perform functions in alternate areas of the project
- Operators will maintain a current, valid California Commercial Driver’s License Class A Vehicle
- Combination of Vehicle, with T-Doubles/Triples, X-Combined Tanker/Haz-Mat endorsements required.
- Operators are subject to the U.S. Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Safety Carrier regulations and must be registered in the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and cleared through the database before an offer of employment.
- All Operators will be subject to a review of the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse on a yearly basis.
- Relevant experience must include at least six (6) months experience in their current position except when promoting to a higher rated position
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Employees shall utilize all proper lifting procedures and practices associated with all lifting and material handling tasks that are assigned and associated with this job description
- May be required to work on uncommon hours of duty, extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be able to obtain a military operator’s permit for each type of vehicle or equipment required to operate
- Must be able to meet CMF criteria in accordance with DA PAM 611-21 and AR 601-210
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CDL IAW Army Regulation 600-55 and any additional endorsements required for duty assignment
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .