We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented MariaDB DBA to join our team in Herndon, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC and CBP.
The candidate will work as a member of development team focused on MariaDB database administration (DBA). The candidate will design, install, implement, manage, and maintain MariaDB databases supporting enterprise modernization initiatives.
• Install, configure, implement, and administrator MariaDB instances in clustered and non-clustered environments.
• Conduct database capacity planning
• Ensure performance, security and availability of databases.
• Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Collaborate with technical and business teams to identify and document data model and application requirements
• Collaborate and work with other platform/teams such Unix/Linux, Splunk, F5/Firewall, Amazon Cloud Migration for resource allocation, integration, and service consumption
• Design and containerize MariaDB utilization Redhat Docker
• Project/Development DBA experience with ability to work with Development team on DB architecture and design
• Strong proficiency in MySQL database management in Linux
• Strong Scripting skills – example Ansible
• Strong command of structured query languages (T-SQL, ANSI-SQL)
• Strong command administering database security, data recovery, performance monitoring and tuning
• Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
• Experience with recent versions of MySQL
• Experience with replication and cluster configuration in MySQL
• Knowledge of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
• Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
• Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler, plugins etc.
• Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex technical problems
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Familiarity with other databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.
• Experience with other DevOps or automation tools (GIT/SVN, Jenkins, etc.)
• Previous programming experience
• Experience with web services and integration development
• Agile software development experience preferable Scrum
• Experience with data-centric cloud services (Azure or AWS)
• Containerization utilizing Docker
• Concept of Identity and Access Management
Experience and Education:
• BS degree and 5(+) years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Clearance - Must have a obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work.
• Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen - Required
• Herndon VA