Project Manager, HVAC M&S, APG TS Clearance
Project Manager for APG C5ISR M&S, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD, Task Order
No relocation funds available. Ideal candidate within 50 miles of APG, MD.
- Manages HVAC maintenance and services projects at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
- Manages both direct hire labor force and subcontractors.
- Manages significantly sized development or capital project or those that are of strategic importance to the organization.
- Plans task, approves resource requirements and effort estimates; establishes direction for functional team and direct reports; tracks and prioritizes quality/project controls while implementing corrective actions based on variance and critical path analysis.
- Project is primarily "internally" focused with some exposure to customers and lower tier suppliers.
- Regular interface with larger Integrated Project Team and business functional leadership. Some interface with suppliers, customers, and KBR leadership
- Applies global understanding of business to projects. Identifies and implements appropriate opportunities to increase global participation at the project level.
- Must be available during regular work hours of 0630 to 1500 and also be available "on-call" for emergency situations which may arise during non-regular work hours (unless designated alternate is fulfilling this duty)
- Other duties as assigned
- Position requires TS-SCI clearance. Position requires a background check.
- 10% travel.
- Must have BS / BA Engineering, Sciences, or Other Related Program Field and at least 5 years’ experience directly related to maintenance and services of HVAC Boiler-Chiller systems.
- Must have a current TS security clearance with eligibility for SCI. Specific contract requirement will prevail.
- PMP preferred
Specific experience preferred includes Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance of the following HVAC Boiler Chiller systems:
- Johnson Controls METASYS automation systems
- Control Valves
- Control Air Dampers
- VAV Boxes
- Coils (steam, HW, DX, CHW)
- Pumps (misc)
- Piping & Ductwork Insulation
- Ductwork Repairs
- Chiller Repairs
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- Steam Trap Repairs
- DDC Controllers, Sensors, Actuators, Switches
- Gas Fired Air Handler Furnace Components
- Domestic Hot Water Heaters
- Fan Assembly Repairs (bearings, shafts, blades)
- Pneumatic Controls
- Electric Motors
- Transformers & electrical equipment
- Exhaust Fans Assemblies
- Computer A/C Units (complete)
- DX Compressors
- DX Condenser Fans
- Motor Starters
- Air Compressors (repair/rebuild)
- Fan Coil Unit Replacements
- Major Piping Replacements
- Pressure Reducing Valves
- Pressure Relief Valves
- Steam to Hot Water Converters
- Test and Balance (TAB) services
- Power Supplies
- Backup power equipment, to include generators
- In-depth knowledge of the Program Management processes with ability to lead a digital team focused on project planning, project execution or process improvements. Additionally, be able to oversee/ conduct subsequent training and rollout efforts to institutionalize process improvements.
- In addition to the basic knowledge, the Project Manager must understand estimation methods, critical path analysis, earned value techniques and be able to integrate process and quality dimensions into the balance of resources, time and functionality. Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement through team participation and results. Uses enabling tools in daily work to improve results.
- In-depth understanding of Government Contracts (Cost Reimbursable/Fixed Price and Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Task Order contract vehicles) and significant knowledge of DoD organizations with current business development contacts
- Must be customer focused
- Preferred to have completed the 30-hour OSHA Construction safety class or as an equivalent, 30hours of formal construction safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30-hour course (see Appendix A, paragraph 4.b, EM 385-1-1) applicable to the work to be performed and given by qualified instructors.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .