Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on a medium-sized (typically less than $100 million total installed cost) project or may be responsible for a segment of a larger project. May also serve as the proposal manager of medium-sized projects. Job role has budgetary type of accountabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company
- Responsible for timely production of all engineering deliverables
- Expand work scope definition for engineering design and equipment procurement
- Establish detailed plans for engineering design development within project established parameters.
- Accurate reporting of the progress and identification of progress constraints requiring action by the project.
- Communicating with project and engineering management to ensure that project expectations are clearly identified and met.
- Review the work performed by engineering disciplines to ensure consistency with project requirements and that appropriate discipline input is included in final documents.
- Demonstrate and reinforce good management principles and behavior to the engineering disciplines.
- Ensure that ideas that improve the project cost/risk position are encouraged and presented to engineering management for consideration.
- Responsible to communicate and reinforce the project principles and key objectives to Engineering Disciplines
- Shall have commercial focus to analyze and predict project performance
- Supervises personnel assigned to the project.
- Has responsibility for day to day contact and communication with the client and focuses on providing client satisfaction.
- Communicates with Discipline Managers for staffing requirements and the performance of engineers assigned to the project.
- Provide accurate planning information to Project Control department to finalize baseline project schedule.
- Consult Engineering Manager /Office of Chief Engineer on complex technical matter
Qualifications & Years of Experience:
- B.Sc (Chemical /Mechanical Engineering ) with minimum 15 years of experience in EPC companies after graduation
- Shall have at least 8 years of initial experience in consulting /EPC companies at the initial stage of career
- Certification in Project Management
Key Skills & Technical Competencies:
- Possesses knowledge of hydrocarbon plants
- Shall have knowledge of all engineering integration for plant projects from conceptual stage to final detail design
- Shall have knowledge of project planning ,risk management and control
- Should have relevant design experience during initial career of 10 years
- Excellent communication skills to present project scope to Project Team and clients and to resolve all project issues as per contract
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .