Conagra Brands (www.conagra.com)
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
· This is a part-time casual nurse opening
· Maintains and adheres to the Occupational Health Services Policy and Procedure Manuals and Medical Evaluation Guidelines
· Performs occupational health services in the provision of supportive or restorative care under physician standing orders
· Provides first aid/emergency care/stabilization for injured/ill team members and secures appropriate transportation as required
· Provides first aid treatment for injuries and illnesses
· Provides nursing care for occupational and non-occupational conditions based upon the Medical Evaluation Guidelines
· Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered according to Standing Medication Orders and as ordered by a physician
· Schedules and/or perform assessments and testing according to company policy, including but not limited to, health assessments for post-hire, injury/illness, respirator/HazMat surveillance, drug and alcohol testing
· Collaborates with other health, safety, production and human resources team members in a comprehensive approach to team member health
· Communicates information regarding work-related injuries and illnesses to the RN Supervisor and/or Medical Case Manager and Third Party Administrator (TPA)
· Assists with maintenance and documentation of workers’ compensation cases
· Conducts weekly plant walk-through to ensure team-member and team-leader compliance with prescribed modified/restricted duty job requirements
· Maintains Occupational Health Services records and reporting systems according to OSHA, State, company, and legal requirements. Records maintained include but are not limited to, post-hire assessments, team member health records, OSHA records, audiometric testing, and individual health surveillance records
· Maintains confidentiality of team member health records according to company policy
· Assists with team member health promotion, education and training programs
· Plans and develops objectives of plant’s Health and Safety Services Determine need for further medical treatment of occupational injuries and coordinate treatment
· recommends preventative and corrective measures
· Trains new hire and current associates on wellness programs
· Performs OSHA recordkeeping
· Ensures compliance with safety regulations
· Maintains, records, and prepares reports of medical statistical data
· Collects accurate accident/illness information
· Maintains availability of supplies; general housekeeping of department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Independent, and able to work autonomously
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, assessment, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Night, weekend shift availability
· A self-motivated individual that is able to multi-task and lead others.
· Registered Nurse Degree and Licensure (Compact License Preferred)
· Preferred two years of nursing experience
· Previous experience in an occupational health environment is a plus.
· Ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.