Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations and analysis
- Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures
- Provides effective mentoring to staff
- Must be able to analyze network performance, conduct statistical tests and create solutions to network problems, often highly complex in nature
- Creates new solutions to network problems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network measurement criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of network analysis
- Manages expenditures effectively and maintains organized ordering process
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- CCNP Route/Switch or equivalent preferred
- CCNA or equivalent required
- ITIL v3 Certification Preferred
- DoDI 8570.01m Certification Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.