IT Hardware Manager (OKC)
· Supervise team of IT professionals who provide hardware and software support for the FAA.
· Duties include diagnosing and resolving user reported issues including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, Windows OS issues and much more.
· Applicant will coordinate tasks such as preparing end user devices for deployment, installing and configuring equipment, troubleshooting issues, and managing ticket queues.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written are required for customer interactions.
· Strong initiative, teamwork and problem solving skills are also required.
· Supervise a team that performs customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of desktop PC, telephone, and peripheral equipment and systems.
· Oversees installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order.
· Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action.
· May make technical presentations and has a strong knowledge of products.
· Represents the company in a management support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing.
· Use remote control tools to assist end users when needed
· Oversee the build and configuration of PCs and laptops for deployment to users
· Loading and configuring end user device software
· Create and/or update tickets with details of worked performed to restore service or satisfy customer request in ticket tracking system
· Act as Tier II agent when additional subject matter expertise is required, performing analysis and actions at the direction of higher Tiered support agents, as required
· Work with the customer, users, and other supporting engineers to effectively analyze user requirements, user stories, and operations concepts and apply IT solutions to identified issues
· Act as a technical resource to others to resolve problems, errors, or other related issues
· Anticipate customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
· Provide feedback and insight to enable development of user training guides and videos
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s Degree in related discipline and five (5) years related experience; Or High School diploma and eight (8) years equivalent experience performing in a technical support management role
· Prior Help Desk Support / Desktop Support experience
· Windows 10 experience
· The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and professionally represent the program
· Highly motivated individual willing to learn and apply new concepts, tools, and software
· Good verbal and written communication skills, especially with other organizations
· Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team setting
· Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
· A+, or other technical certification
· Customer friendly attitude is a must
· Ability to work independently, or as part of a team