General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Cloud Third Party Engineer (Monitoring, Auditing, COTS products)
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cloud Third Party Tools Engineer joining our team to support government activities in Herndon, VA.
At GDIT people are our differentiator. As a Cloud Third Party Tools Engineer supporting the customer, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of cloud computing services via Third Party Tools to support the customer's mission, vision and new cloud infrastructure. In this role a typical day will include but not limited to:
· Collaborating with infrastructure engineers to maintain and enhance secure systems using cloud computing services and engineering tools
· Deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into the customer's production system
· lntegrating open source frameworks and products into the production environment
· Work across the different layers of the lT infrastructure (e.g. network, storage, platform, database, and application)
· Providing Tier-3 SME troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis on production incidents
· Demonstrated on-the-job engineering experience with cloud services technologies (e.9. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) to include design, implementation, and integration
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python) experience and/or ability to automate routine operations through scripts or tool sets.
· Demonstrated in-depth engineering experience with troubleshooting and understanding of common web technologies (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, etc.).
· Demonstrated on-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with the Linux operating system.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with all of the following infrastructure principles: encryption (at rest and in transit), firewalls, and certificates.
· Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with all of the following infrastructure principles: fault tolerance, availability, scalability, monitoring, and recovery.
· Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with instrumenting infrastructure and application services to implement monitoring and notification (e.g., Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Simian Army, consul, etc.).
· Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with enterprise auditing for both system and application services to include: collection, aggregation, searching and transport to enterprise repositories.
· Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience using Puppet, CloudFormation, Packer, Terraform, and Vault.
· 15 years of related experience
· Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, lnformation Systems, Engineering, Business or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Security clearance level: Top Secret/SCl with Polygraph
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
· Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
· Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
· Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.