General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Systems Engineer - Cloud Platform and Cloud DevOps Developer
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cloud Platform and Cloud DevOps Developer joining our team to support government activities in Herndon, VA.
At GDIT people are our differentiator. As a Cloud Platform/Cloud DevOps Developer supporting the customer, you will be trusted and responsible for the development and delivery of the customer's cloud adoption and migration effort. In this role a typical day will include but not limited to:
· Work with team members to integrate open source frameworks/products
· Work with team members to deploy various open source packages and/or application stacks into the customer's production landscape
· Develop products on a Linux platform and on the infrastructure-as-code platform
· Collaborate with team members and at times in a highly autonomous manner to establish requirements through to the implementation of the technical solution
· Demonstrated on-the-job engineering experience and excellent understanding with the development of baselines for middleware platform that can support both on premises and cloud-based AWS environment
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience using Amazon Web Service technologies such as AWS Command Line (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine lmages (AMl), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Block Storage (EBS), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), and CloudWatch
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience and excellent understanding of middleware engineering (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Kafka, Postgres, SQL Servers, Apache, Tomcat, and llS)
· Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience using Puppet, CloudFormation, Packer, Terraform, and Vault
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods such as AWS CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with different hypervisors (e.g. RHV, VMWare, Microsoft)
· Demonstrated on-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with the Linux operating systems (e.g. RedHat, CentOS)
· 16 years of related experience
· Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, lnformation Systems, Engineering, Business or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Security clearance level: Top Secret/SCl with Polygraph
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
• Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
• Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
• Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.