GDIT is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team, working directly with customers, engineers, providing technical and operational expertise. In this role, the candidate should have a strong customer service, operations, and technical acumen. As a Service Manager you will work with various work streams and vendors in an agile environment to functions as part of a highly skilled agile development and operations team supporting major government cloud programs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems (acts as escalation liason during maintenance windows).
- Assist Program Manager with overall team alignment, communication, and prioritization.
- Identify, document, and manage risks and issues.
- Coordinate activities of applications teams, security, networking, infrastructure and ongoing operational support.
- Assess Project Transition and Operations phase strategy, activities, processes and artifacts.
- Document lessons learned and provide advisory support throughout project phases.
- Develop lessons learned and observations report that could be used to improve performance on future projects.
- Prepare or contribute to status reports and agendas for weekly, bi-weekly, monthly meetings
- Plans and directs upgrades of systems, designs systems enhancements, and monitors capacity to maintain operational capacity, following change management processes.
- Identifies, analyzes, and coordinates resolutions of system problems.
- Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Performs as a critical player in the platform/system scrum teams/WorkCenters.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering related field.
- 5+ years cumulative work experience related to required skill set.
- 4+ years IT service management experience.
- Previous experience within the CMS environment.
- Ability to work on large or multiple projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to switch between tasks quickly using Agile PM techniques/concepts
- Solid knowledge and understanding across a range of activities to include: Technical account management, incident management, and change management.
- Excellent customer handling skills and ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present effective technical presentations to management; must possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Agile development in the HHS/CMS environment.
- Experience with CMS Marketplace.
- Experience working on AWS.
- AWS Cloud Certification.
- Ability to work independently and manage work of self and others to a defined schedule.
- Experience providing recurring project progress reports.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Experience conducting meetings, interviews and making presentations.
- Strong problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible "can-do" attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success.
- Ability to apply industry best practices to the operations process.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.