At GDIT, people are our differentiator. We are seeking a full-time ServiceNow System Administrator / Developer to join our team to support Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) activities at our Windsor Mill, MD location. As a ServiceNow System Administrator / Developer supporting CMS, you will be trusted to support their instances of ServiceNow and each stakeholder using this platform.
You will be part of a 250+ person team supporting CMS’s HIGLAS Hosting, Operations & Maintenance (HOM) program. Ultimately this is primarily an on-site position in the Windsor Mill, MD area. It will start out as fully-remote due to Covid-19 and may morph into a hybrid pending broader GDIT guidelines – TBD.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Supporting CMS’s instances of ServiceNow including routine troubleshooting, incident response and user/group management
- Cloning, patching and release maintenance tasks
- Monitoring and reporting on platform license usage
- Assisting with management and organization of code escrow
- Creating and maintaining knowledge articles related to the use of the ServiceNow platform
- Proactively maintain operational documentation and SOPs to reduce support risk & inefficiency
- Proactively stay on top of new capabilities in the platform and educate team members and customers
- Providing training and support (including ad-hoc Q&A) for program staff related to ServiceNow processes, policies and procedures
- Intermediate to advanced development tasks progressing over time
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree related to Information Technology and 5+ years relevant IT experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience working with customers to understand requirements and implementing information technology solutions / initiatives.
- 3+ years of direct experience with the ServiceNow platform in an administrator/developer or comparable role
- Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and common service level agreement (SLA) measurements
- Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills in a matrixed organization
- Strong people interaction skills regardless of audience. Able to communicate and listen well with business and technical people, regardless of title, with good self-awareness.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Attention to detail; a high bar for quality results
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in parallel with an awareness for evolving prioritization
- Strong written communication skills.
- US Citizen
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator (CSA) or other ServiceNow certification is a plus
- Experience customizing or developing reports from data residing in relational databases
- Experience designing and developing dashboards and charts from data source(s)
- ITIL foundations certification
- Self-motivated to keep learning more about the ServiceNow platform, capabilities and best practices and apply/share them with teammates
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- GDIT is a large, worldwide organization that offers a broad array of job opportunities, customers/industries and geographies. Your options are limited to your imagination.
- This specific engagement offers: a broad exposure to the ServiceNow platform, work days that fly by quickly, impactful deployments, top-notch peers that can teach you a lot and access to many training opportunities.
- A career with GDIT offers you career mobility, bi-weekly flex-time and a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.