Diego Garcia: Construction Superintendent
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Manager, the position is responsible for managing all the aspects of operation of the Indefinite Quantity (IQ) project.
- Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion.
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Supervises the construction, alteration and installation of structural, electrical, mechanical and architectural system and other work requirements to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the contract.
- Plans workloads and schedules work assignment.
- Ensures that work is being done in compliance with the approved drawings and job plans.
- Ensures that up-to-date record drawings are produced.
- Participates in constructability reviews. Read and interpret blue print and provides sketches as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate policies, regulation, directives and applicable technical publication.
- Liaise and interfaces with the client representatives for the project, and preparation of executive reports, and initiation of progress reporting systems.
- Observes site conditions in order to call for any necessary design changes.
- Checks levels and positions of existing structures and pipelines shown in the contract and reports discrepancies to the IDIQ Manager.
- Designs such works as may be delegated to him.
- Acts as the channel of communications with involved parties on all matters relevant to the satisfactory completion of the works under the contract.
- Supervises in general the methods adopted by KBR-DG for the execution of the works undertaken in order to ensure the satisfactory execution.
- Supervises and records any tests of materials.
- Ensures that progress photographs are taken and maintained.
- Maintains careful notes of all disputes arising out of the interpretation of the contract so that, if necessary, the form of contract and specification can be amended for similar future works.
- Notifies the team and others of any hazardous situations.
- Promote safety awareness and quality control program on the job site.
- Perform other work as assigned. BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must be contract oriented and computer literate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain U.S. Government driver’s license.
- Must possess high level leadership skills.
- Must possess high level customer relations skills.
- Must have knowledge of construction management processes, means, methods, building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process. JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Formal training in supervision, management and/or employee relations is preferred.
- BS Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Ten (10) years minimum total experience in construction management with Five (5) years as Supervisor or Superintendent of various construction projects.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .