Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cyber Security Analyst, Senior to join our team in the Warrenton, VA area.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will have a demonstrated capability to effectively monitor for and investigate security incidents as well as make recommendations to improve the security posture of a large organization. You will have experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting customer networks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Monitor for potential compromise, intrusion, deficiency, significant event or threat to the security posture and security baseline.
· Determine true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions to issues detected in a timely manner.
· Provide effective analysis and triage and handling of security information and events.
· Participate in collaborative sessions with other Cyber Defenders and IC agencies on malicious intrusions, attacks or suspicious activities, as well as share emerging Cyber Threat Intel data.
· Assist in the development of Indicators of Compromise for active defensive countermeasures and passive detection signatures.
· Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against programs products and services.
· Assist with the creation of the daily Cyber report and brief customer as necessary.
· Assist in the development and enforcement of security policies and best practices.
· Update and maintain standard operating procedures and other technical documentation.
· Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Computer Science or a related field)
· 5-7 years of experience in the Cyber security or information assurance field
· Experience implementing or working with Splunk in a complex network environment and assist in building operational processes around the SIEM.
· Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology).
· Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analysis of security tools.
· Can perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and make preventative recommendations.
· Familiarity with packet analysis to include: HTTP Headers & Status codes, SMTP Traffic & Status codes, FTP Traffic & Status Codes.
· Working knowledge of Intrusion detection/protection systems.
· Knowledge and understanding of network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures.
· Working knowledge of network protocols and common services.
· Knowledge and understanding of system log analysis
· Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills
· IAT II: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP
· Splunk User Certification is required; Splunk Power User certification is preferred
· Demonstrated experience in analysis simulation environment, configuring/troubleshooting software/hardware enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades in a dynamic information systems hosting environment.
Security Clearance Requirements:
· An active and current TS/SCI clearance is required.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
· The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
· The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.