Senior Software Engineer: Position
is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience designing, developing,
and maintaining software solutions using cloud services, including AWS. You
will work with data scientists and other software developers to design,
develop, and implement solutions to meet customer needs. The ideal candidate
will be highly motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced development
environment to solve challenging problems.
· Participate in full software
development lifecycle – creation of user stories; software design, development,
and testing; and operational support.
· Advise on major architectural
decisions, and help to review code and implementations.
· Understand customer requirements and translate
them into technical solutions, including documentation and architecture
· Lead development of software solution
leveraging AWS cloud services and multiple frameworks and security systems.
· Provide Subject Matter Expertise and
input on software products and development decisions, taking into account data
storage, network, security, computational resources, and other considerations
specific to the applicable use cases.
· Communicate effectively with audiences
of multiple technical and non-technical backgrounds.
· Work with other team members and data
scientists to effectively showcase developed analytics.
- US Citizen, capable of obtaining a security clearance.
- 4+ years of industry experience in delivering
high-quality, innovative applications and programming experience using one
or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited
- 4+ years of experience working in a Linux development
environment interacting with cloud services such as AWS.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written
- Must possess the desire and ability to rapidly understand
the customer’s challenges and objectives in order to formulate creative
and effective technical solutions.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work
well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day
- Experience with the Agile methodology and providing
technical leadership on software development efforts.
- Proficient in Linux/UNIX CLI, shell scripting, and
automation languages (BASH, Python, etc).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies,
especially as related to large scale ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data
processing workloads (CloudFormation, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, EMR, RedShift,
Glue, CloudWatch, SNS).
- Experience working with reproducible frameworks for
large scale data ingestion.
- Experience working with highly scalable, fault tolerant
database solutions (SQL and NoSQL).
- Proficiency with container solutions such as Docker and
Amazon Elastic Container Service.
- Experience managing configuration and deployment
strategies for rapid deployment of new systems and rolling updates of production
- Experience developing and operating in multiple
and protecting data and software solutions throughout an application
Authority To Operate (ATO) processes and procedures.
- Technical training and certifications, especially in Cloud,
Architecture, Linux, Network, & Security concentrations.
- Experience in front-end web development.
- Experience in system/network engineering including, but
not limited to: server administration, hardware and software based
networking, automation, troubleshooting, encryption techniques (PKI, TLS,
- Experience with modern programming best practices like
CI/CD, TDD, and other XP concepts.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience