Microelectronics Circuit Design Engineer
KBR is seeking to fill a circuit design engineer position in support of Trusted and Assured Microelectronics research program at the Air Force Research Laboratory. The selected candidates will be leading the research efforts as described below.
- Architect and construct integrated circuit designs consisting of intellectual property (IP) blocks, custom hardware description languages, gate level schematics, transistor level schematics, and physical layout implementations to achieve functional objectives.
- Leverage commercial state of the art design tools and techniques to accomplish design objectives and validate and verify constructed designs using simulation and characterization against performance and functional measures.
- Conceive and implement RF devices, structures, and systems that enhance bandwidth and signal fidelity at power performance.
- Develop architectures and designs for analog mixed signal circuits that maximize performance while minimizing cost, size, area, and power.
- Demonstrate complex digital processing structures and high speed interfacing schemes in Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). Construct high-performance digital Application –Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) designs leveraging the architectural, structural, and physical domains.
- Conduct market research and assessment of existing systems and propose modernization strategies to modernize technologies with demonstrable precision.
- Characterize and capture the provenance and traceability of design elements, assess elements for vulnerabilities, and develop vulnerability mitigation strategies and architectures to reduce design implementation risk.
- Construct and assess functions that provide authentication, identification, and characterization of system design and precision manufacturing precision.
- Conduct RF, Analog Mixed Signal (AMS), FPGA, and Digital ASIC market research for current SOTA and applicable levels of design/application/and advances for Trust Assured Microelectronics.This position is located at the Air Force Research Laboratory, Sensor Directorate, Wright Patterson AFB, OH. Preferred Qualifications: • Relevant industry/academic experience in semiconductor design and fabrication, algorithm development, physical and functional implementation, reliability, and physics of failure.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Required:• Minimum SECRET clearance eligibility (must be a US Citizen)• Minimum MS/PhD (preferred) degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field• Applicable research experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.