GDIT is seeking a software test engineer in Falls Church, VA, to work on software testing for a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) program serving the National Security and Emergency Preparedness (NS/EP) community. In this role, you will focus mostly on automated testing to accelerate our test efforts for GDIT’s contract to support the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Priority Telecommunications Services (PTS), delivered through service providers’ public networks. The PTS program provides priority voice, video, and data communications to the NS/EP community in times when the public telecommunications networks are experiencing stress from natural or man-made disasters, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, terrorist attacks, or other acts of war.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze, design, and develop tests and test-automation suites
- Implement test scripts using automated test tools or testing frameworks
- Offer recommendations for improving existing processes and implementing new tools
- Perform various types of testing including functional, system integration, regression, security, scalability, etc.
- Perform automated testing of UI/UX, Mid-tier, and Backend
- Generate reports that accurately detail defects found during testing
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Minimum five years of experience in automated testing
- Experience formulating test strategy, designing test cases, and modifying/executing automated regression test scripts
- Understanding of REST and demonstrated experience with REST API testing/automation
- Experience with Automated Testing front-end test tools such as Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber, etc.
- Familiarity using testing tools for REST and SOAP, such as Postman or Soap UI
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, accept new duties, and support dynamic work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience testing applications in Microsoft Azure or another cloud environment
- Experience with test automation in a DevOps environment
- Familiarity with no-code test automation
- Experience testing iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience with web application security testing
- Experience with 508 compliance testing
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a DHS EOD (public trust) and Secret clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.