Sr. Network Engineer
- Military veterans preferred
2020-09-03 SAIC (www.saic.com)
Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830 United States
Provide network / security architecture and engineering and support for mission-critical applications and subcontracted network management services for wide area network, and local area network environments, including multiple client offices as part of a multi-year IT outsourcing contracts. Work with the Network Service Delivery Manager, this role will be responsible for the maintenance of high-quality network services while supporting the implementation of new systems and infrastructure upgrades in a dynamic environment. Provide hands-on technical support for WAN, LAN, proxy and security devices. Interface with key customer contacts, project managers, other service delivery managers and staff, subcontractors, support personnel, and other stakeholders. Directly execute network services projects, and operations activities. Interface with SAIC program and senior management in support of the achievement of service level, financial and technical objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelors and 8+ years’ experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: - None CERTIFICATIONS DESIRED: - ITIL v3 Foundation - CCNP - CISSP REQUIRED SKILLS: - Experience in working with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion Detection/Prevention and vulnerability assessment tools. - Experience with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and RIP routing.
- Experience with Secure network transport including IPSec, DMVPN and GETVPN. - Experience in preparing and providing network design, engineering and information security plans to support new and enhanced applications, architectures and standards. - Experience with Network virtualization including VLAN, VRF and GRE.
- Experience with Security device architecture, engineering and installation/management. - Proven past experience in a similar Network Engineer role and in an IT environment of similar scope and scale.
- Significant experience in WAN and LAN datacenter routing, switching, firewall, load-balancing, WLAN and proxy technologies. - Significant experience in load balancing and application delivery networking including legacy Cisco ACE, F5 BigIP and AVI Networks load balancers including Web Application Firewalls and Geographic Load Balancing. DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience with Amazon AWS architecture and design including VPCs, EC2, S3, EFS, Storage Gateway, Cloudfront, Route 53. - Experience with network virtualization including Cisco ACI and datacenter flexpod infrastructure. - Experienced in providing written technical recommendations relating to application development activities to optimize utilization of data and applications over networks. - Experience in review of network related deliverables (e.g., requirements, solutions, specifications, designs and reports) prior to submission to customer. - Experience in network security best practices and threat response. - Applicant shall at a minimum be able to plan, manage, and execute all system changes necessary in a Cisco Unified Communications environment for dial plans, route patterns, hunt groups, and call blocking in addition to being able to plan, manage, and apply system upgrades in UC - Experience in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Unified Computing System (UCS)