GDIT is seeking a Windows System, Infoblox and VMware (ESXi) Engineer for Hosting, Operations and Maintenance (HOM) services for the Healthcare Integrated General Ledger Accounting System (HIGLAS) contract. You will be responsible for designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Manages the design of server and application architectures and the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software. Develops baseline configurations and directs modification of configuration settings. Develops troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Recommends future direction or projects to management.
This effort includes developing and maintaining a secure and certified architecture to support e-Government initiatives; minimize the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) security risk and enhance the protection of privacy and security of data, and improve the CMS’ ability to accommodate the growing workload.
The candidate must prove a 3 year residency in the United States for at least 3 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of Studies.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- 8+ years of experience as a VMWare Engineer or related experience in Information Technology.
- VMware virtualization expertise is required to support both onsite and remote site activities.
- Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX).
- Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment.
- Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards.
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment.
- Support diagnoses and troubleshooting of problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft Windows and Linux O/S systems.
- Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance.
- Support off-hours maintenance activities.
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process for virtualization hosts.
- Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
- Deploy new server and workstations through SCCM for physical and VMware templates for Virtual Machines
- Maintaining and administer Group Policy Objects in Microsoft Active Directory
- Assist team with continuous monitoring, implementation and troubleshooting of required patch compliance for all client and server devices utilizing SCCM server
- Responsibilities may require periodic evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.