is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience designing, developing,
and maintaining software solutions using cloud services, including AWS. You
will work with data scientists and other software developers to design,
develop, and implement solutions to meet customer needs. The ideal candidate
will be highly motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced development
environment to solve challenging problems.
· Participate in full software
development lifecycle – creation of user stories; software design, development,
and testing; and operational support.
· Advise on major architectural
decisions, and help to review code and implementations.
· Understand customer requirements and translate
them into technical solutions, including documentation and architecture
· Lead development of software solution
leveraging AWS cloud services and multiple frameworks and security systems.
· Provide Subject Matter Expertise and
input on software products and development decisions, taking into account data
storage, network, security, computational resources, and other considerations
specific to the applicable use cases.
· Communicate effectively with audiences
of multiple technical and non-technical backgrounds.
· Work with other team members and data
scientists to effectively showcase developed analytics.
- US Citizen, capable of obtaining a security clearance.
- 4+ years of experience working in a Linux development environment interacting with cloud services such as AWS.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess the desire and ability to rapidly understand the customer’s challenges and objectives in order to formulate creative and effective technical solutions.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day guidance.
- Experience with the Agile methodology and providing technical leadership on software development efforts.
- Proficient in Linux/UNIX CLI, shell scripting, and automation languages (BASH, Python, etc).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies, especially as related to large scale ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data processing workloads (CloudFormation, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, EMR, RedShift, Glue, CloudWatch, SNS).
- Experience working with reproducible frameworks for large scale data ingestion.
- Experience working with highly scalable, fault tolerant database solutions (SQL and NoSQL).
- Proficiency with container solutions such as Docker and Amazon Elastic Container Service.
- Experience managing configuration and deployment strategies for rapid deployment of new systems and rolling updates of production systems.
- Active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
Familiarity with Authority To Operate (ATO) processes and procedures. Technical training and certifications
Experience with modern programming best practices like CI/CD, TDD, and other XP concepts.
- Technical training and certifications, especially in Cloud, Architecture, Linux, Network, & Security concentrations.
- Experience in front-end web development.
- Experience in system/network engineering including, but not limited to: server administration, hardware and software based networking, automation, troubleshooting, encryption techniques (PKI, TLS, VPNs, PGP).