Business Change Officer
The Transforming Forensics (TF) Programme is a partnership between the National Police Chiefs Council and KBR. Set up in 2017, the TF vision is to protect the public and enable justice through the most advanced and coordinated forensics. In January, the UK Government announced it will be investing £28.6m in TF to enable it to continue delivering a range of forensics products, services and capabilities that meet the changing needs of policing and the public, including work already underway and a new focus on digital forensics. The funding will help to drive advances in science and innovation, develop more efficient working practices, and offer transformational benefits to police forces and the wider forensics community.
KBR is supporting TF and has helped establish the Forensic Capability Network (FCN). The FCN aims to be the world’s most advanced and coordinated forensic network, and has already had a positive impact, working with forces directly on forensics accreditation, and managing critical engagement with suppliers and other stakeholders at the national level. The programme is building on this, to deliver a step-change in the use of forensics in protecting the public and ensuring justice is served.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
Working within the programme team, supporting the TF capabilities to deliver the TF Programme developments into forces:-
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Conduct Business impact analysis assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult/coach project teams and coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Create actionable deliverables in line with the Deployment Toolkit for each force engagement
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organizational level
- Identification of tools, practices and processes that could improve how the outputs of the Transforming Forensics programme is delivered into forces;
- Liaises with the Stakeholder/Communications and CRM Teams to ensure consistent up-to-date messaging can be developed and disseminated in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintain project documentation in line with the TF Programme Office
Any other duties that are commensurate with the role
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Hold, have held or eligible to apply for UK based security clearance
- Formal qualification in Business Change
Experience and Skills:
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Change management certification or designation desired
- Experience of the issues surrounding delivery of business transformation programmes and projects
- Ability to work independently, keeping management adequately informed.
- Understanding of the principles, development and application of RAID, RACI and risk management.
- Demonstrates practical application of Programme and Change Management methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Proven ability to influence others and explain how systems work.
- Experience of delivering change in a UK Policing environment
- Experience of working in a SharePoint solution environment
- Flexibility - Be adaptable in responding to change and uncertainty to deliver what is needed and added value.
- Building Relationships – Be able to engage with and maintain productive relationships with a diverse team
- Communication skills - Be articulate and engaging.Demonstrate ability across different styles for example, passionate, empathetic, assertive, reflective etc.
- Self-motivation - Be able to add value without being prompted.Take responsibility for actions and provide support as needed.
- Influencing – establishes communication channels, actively listens, clarifies, gives/seeks feedback, clear and concise, persuasive/negotiates with others.
- People Management – fosters team/individual performance, achieves results, sets targets and reviews against them, leads, motivates and empowers others, deals with issues, coaches and encourages others.
- Organisational skills – plans well in advance, sets clear objectives, manages time/delegates, reviews progress against plan, ensures sufficient resources, encourages improvements.
- Results orientation – satisfies internal/external customers, effective performance management, addresses cross functional issues and technical issues, knowledge of systems and processes.
- Interpersonal skills – builds positive relationships, demonstrates emotionally stability, confident in own ability, approachable to all staff, shows respect and tolerance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .