Linguist/Anti-financial Crimes Task Force Coordinator (L/AFC- TF Coordinator) (CARSI – Panama)
Panama City, Panama
Please submit resumes in English.
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following position: Linguist/Anti-financial Crimes Task Force Coordinator (L/AFC- TF Coordinator) (CARSI – Panama)
. This candidate will work with Dept. of State, International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (DOS-INL) in Panama City, Panama on the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the US Government to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Specialty, IT and Administrative roles. Requirements and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Local national of Panama required.
- RSO Clearance. Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable RSO Clearance.
- College degree or equivalent job experience and/or certifications in law, business administration, project manager or accounting.
- Possess Spanish/English/Spanish Translation Certificate.
- English proficiency certification.
- FSI Level 4/4 English (fully fluent), FSI Level 4/4 Spanish (fully fluent).
- Effectively communicate in verbal and written English and Spanish.
- Anti-financial Crimes job experience and/or certification.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting or translating official documents from Spanish into English and English into Spanish.
- Knowledge and proficiency in office software tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other applications).
- Must successfully pass a polygraph examination administered by the Government at no cost to ATSG. The polygraph examination may be given to the individual at any time throughout performance of this contract. Successfully passing a polygraph is apart from the initial Clearance and standard background checks.
- Five (5) years prior experience as an interpreter or translator, with translation/linguist experience.
- Office Management experience.
- Background in business and/or accounting.
- Prior law enforcement or legal experience.
- At least, two (2) years specialized experience (e.g. intelligence, firearms, gangs, kidnapping, drugs, internal affairs).
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- The Linguist/Anti-Financial Crime Task Force (L/AFC- TF) Coordinator performs management duties which require interaction with GOP authorities, USG Embassy personnel, and private sector entities both in Spanish and in English, on a daily basis.
- Project Component 1: Interpreter and documents translation/transcription—Serves as a Spanish-English and English to Spanish Interpreter and translates/transcribes official, and non-official, documents from Spanish-to English and English to Spanish in support of the Anti-financial Crimes Task Force function and mission.
- Project Component 2: Supports interactions between GOP authorities, USG Embassy personnel, and private sector—Supports Anti-financial Crimes Task Force, including processing requirements for official travel and procuring services and equipment in support of the Anti-financial Crimes Task Force.
- Project Component 3: Task Force operational budget management—Helps develop and manage site/building and task force operational budgets, as required.
- The L/AFC- TF Coordinator is required to manage site/building matters such as paying bills, coordinating maintenance, and scheduling cleaning services.
- The L/AFC- TF Coordinator ensures the appropriate security clearances, and access for authorized personnel within the work space, are conducted and up-to-date.
- The L/AFC-TF Coordinator is the official translator to translate/transcribe official and non-official, documents in support of the Task Force's function and mission. This includes the translation of police reports, judicial documents, search warrants, court orders, business records, subpoena results, memorandums, electronic mail and other correspondence.
- The L/AFC-TF Coordinator provides concurrent and simultaneous translations during meetings and trainings.
- The L/AF-TF Coordinator operates under the guidance of the AFC Commander and the INL Program Manager and routinely communicates progress of management activities, developments, results and challenges.
- Coordinates meetings, conferences and training events.
- The L/AFC- TF Coordinator ensures that all resources, including translating equipment and materials, are available for larger meetings and trainings.
- The L/AFC- TF tracks operational expenses and manages task force budget items, as required.
- L/AFC- TF prepares periodic status updates and statistical reports, to complete weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual requirements.
- This position is considered a key personnel position.