Description Summary Description:
SAIC is seeking a software engineer in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
• Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
• Provides software development support to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including support of both the development and execution of a transition plan
• Interacts at a variety of points within the customer organization and program governance processes to assist in implementation of the established transition plan
• Supports research and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
• Ensures a focus on incorporation of high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations
• Conducts test driven development in the delivery of high quality code.
• Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to ensure consistent application of customer mission objectives are met
• Leveraging domain expertise develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements
• Minimum 6 years of IT experience.
• Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
• Experience working in large-scale applications in AWS.
• Experience with Cloud Implementation, AWS Services, GovCloud, FedRAMP, System Integration capability,
• Good understanding of AWS services like S3, ECS, Lambda, SQS and Redshift.
• Experience building applications in Java using Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
• Experience in developing microservices and using docker.
• Good understanding of agile methodologies.
• Experience in building web applications using technologies like React JS or Angular JS.
• Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, and API design for extensibility and portability.
• AWS certifications is a plus.
Location: Flexwork –VA-MD-DC
Clearance: US Citizen and should be able to obtain Public Trust.