Energy Management Technician, APG
Energy Management Technician: Performs maintenance, testing and repairs on all DDC, electronic, electrical and pneumatic control systems as related to HVAC, mechanical, and electrical systems.
Under general supervision, maintains and repairs energy management systems and HVAC controls in multiple buildings located on Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
- Maintains building automation systems and air conditioning controls, using various operator workstations, computers, digital interface units, and standard HVAC tools of the trade.
- Inspects, monitors, evaluates, and adjusts mechanical systems for proper and efficient operation including pumps, fans, valves, dampers, terminal units, heat transfer equipment, fluid flow conditions, and air and water system balance.
- Installs, operates, troubleshoots and verifies functional performance of building automation and control systems.
- Inspects, calibrates, repairs, and installs a wide range of control, sensing and actuating devices.
- Performs preventive maintenance on energy management systems and equipment.
- Responds to service calls to restore systems operation and control.
- Provides technical instruction and training to other technicians and personnel on basic theory, proper system operations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting techniques, typical system failures, and corrections.
- Provides recommendation on equipment/systems operation and modification for energy conservation, efficiency, and reliability.
- Five years of controls/building automation systems experience; OR, four years of controls/building automation systems experience AND completion of a related technical training program equivalent to one year; OR; Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Johnson Controls Metasys, Siemens Technologies systems, Barber-Coleman, and Andover Controls Systems experience and training are preferred.
- Requires an EPA CFC Certification upon employment.
- Requires a current driver’s license upon employment.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.