Manager- Cost Control
- Provide leadership support to the business segment, program operations, and segment finance leadership. Build customer confidence in Program Management and assure adherence to company policy and procedures.
- Coordinate managers and supervisors, and direct the performance of functional tasks, oversee the technical, financial, and quality requirements associated with the PP&C function.
- Provide leadership to the PP&C team and function: ensure appropriate staffing levels and assignments, ensure and enhance capability via training and development and drive PP&C process improvement and standardization of methods, tools, and reporting.
- Responsible for staff competency including skills development and improving personnel and team capabilities.
- Provide program planning, analysis, maintenance and control support of program schedules and budgets, performance measurement, and reporting and analysis for all projects, including internal and customer reporting.
- Coordinate/participate in customer cost reviews, segment, program, and monthly operating reviews as necessary
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of on contract proposals.
- Manage unbilled balances, ensure receivables are collected on time and customer invoices are submitted on time and accurate
- Ensure compliance policies are followed.
- Support on-site management team for proper time recording and any budget related concerns (material/subcontract PO Values)
- Prepare for and participate in weekly, monthly and special forecast and planning sessions
- Responsible for leading the PP&C budget and forecast process as well as providing representation in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and 5 year Strategic Plan (STRAP) process
- Advocate and lead best practice development and standardization at the program, segment, and business levels
- Assess broad industry knowledge of various cost and schedule tools.
- As necessary, lead/participate in pricing strategy and proposal development, and ensure adequate team capability exists to support that need
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain and maintain a DOD secret security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related degree required and 10 plus years of directly related experience
- Must have management/supervisory experience (5 years)
- Must have experience working with government contracts and accounting
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA or CPA preferred (or both)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.