SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, systems engineering & integration, targeting & intelligence analysis, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking a creative and dedicated professional to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are currently seeking a talented Lead Solution Architect/Senior Technical Leader to leverage innovative and emerging technologies, methodologies, and analytical concepts to support our Annapolis Junction Division’s strategic growth and initiatives. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will contribute directly to the expansion of our Division and the positive mission outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primarily responsible for leading technical solution teams responsible for developing high-level architectures and detailed technical solution designs for new business pursuits. Secondarily, will support teaming, win strategy, pricing, staffing, customer shaping, , and proposal delivery. Lead the identification and development of tools, technology, methods, services and solutions that position SAIC as a recognized leader in digital transformation for our Federal Clients in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. Engages with teaming partners and vendors to integrate their products and services into our proposed solutions. Provides designs to support large scale and complex IT infrastructure, system integrations, business process outsourcing services. Ensures that all design artifacts and proposal deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards; provides final architectural review and approval for major solution artifacts and plans.
Identifies and develops SAIC discriminators that lead to improved win probability in federal contract pursuits. Provides thought leadership internally and externally in SAIC technical domains such as Enterprise IT, Mission Application Development and Modernization, IT Infrastructure services, Cloud services, SE&I, security services, and IT Service Management. Communicates SAIC capabilities with market and clients. Assumes a proactive role developing and cultivating business opportunities and establishing engagements to ensure profitable revenue growth for SAIC.
Provides leadership and effectively communicates with all levels of management in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy. Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with third-party vendors and other SAIC business units. Leverages these relationships to the best advantage of SAIC in supporting client requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar technical discipline. Master’s degree in one of these areas preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years of recent experience working directly for or with the DoD client in Annapolis Junction Md., preferably within their Operations or Capabilities Directorates
- Must demonstrate strong skills in technical architecture development and design and the ability to effectively communicate them in written and oral form, such as delivering presentations, leading meeting discussions with customers and team members at all levels, authoring presentations and whitepapers for conferences or opportunity shaping.
- In-depth experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions and service management solutions. Experienced in developing to-be-architecture, concept of operations, transformation roadmaps, and analysis of alternatives (AoAs).
- Strong capability and extensive experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
- Experienced in architectural design and development of enterprise technologies applicable for large federal client organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in a broad spectrum of technology areas, such as application development and modernization, cloud solution design, cloud migration and operation, AI/ML, advanced networking, mobility, unified communication, and information security.
- Strong intellectual curiosity in exploring and learning new technologies, technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
- Ability to leverage current industry, technical knowledge, and entire enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge to support pre-sales activities.
- Ability to work with senior technical leadership across the enterprise to understand and apply corporate capabilities and research activities
- Requires current TS clearance with SCI, CI and Full Scope Poly.
- Desired experience and a winning record in leading the technical solutioning for contractor business captures and proposals.
- Experience architecting and delivering solutions for large programs around cloud architecture. Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or other cloud providers. Experience with IT service management and data center modernization.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding the DoD collection, processing and analytics platforms
- Prior experience leading a portfolio of Application Development and Modernization, Infrastructure, Cloud, and IT Service solutions as a Chief Technology Officer, Chief Engineer, or Chief Architect.
- Experience with cyber security strategy and ability to design and architect holistic end-to-end information security solutions.
- Experienced in developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions, basis of estimates (BOEs) and Bill of Materials (BOM) development.
- ITIL, PMP, and/or CISSP certification.